Published on May 5th, 2012 | by Dewaldt Huysamen0
5 Bible Verses On Faith – Faith in God Not Yourself!
The past 3 weeks I had a personal ordeal when it comes to Blind Faith, and if there is such a thing as faith in yourself. I will be going through what the bible says about active faith. If you are a serious Christian, then you will read this article and even memorise some of the scriptures for future reference. O and of course above all do not just read it, but live it. I will also include Bible verses on faith to prove my points.
Why do people think they should have faith in themselves? If this was true and all we had to do is have faith in ourselves, then there would be no need for God. The Bible is very clear on the fact that only through Faith in Jesus Christ are we able to succeed in anything. This is something we should never forget, as nothing is more important than this.
Faith Overcomes All
One can only have so much success in one’s own strength before it all tumbles down. One can stop smoking through your own will power, but how long do you think that will last? I can answer you, “not very long in deed!”. OK but enough of my words lets dwell into His WORD:
5 Bible Verses on Faith – The Truth and Facts
- Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christwho strengthens me. [It does not say I can do all things through me that strengthens me]
- Matthew 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”. [OK so when we look at the Greek word for "little faith" G3640 it means of little faith. From oligos and pistis; incredulous, i.e. Lacking confidence (in Christ) -- of little faith. Yes people Peter lacked confidence in Christ, he lost faith in Christ. Rob Bell will say Peter doubted himself and Jesus has faith in us, I say rubbish as you can see in the scripture for yourself]
- Mark 11:22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. [Yes Faith in God, Not Faith in yourself]
- John 15:4-5 (4)Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. (5) “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. [I would like to point out verse 5 where Jesus clearly says for without Me you can do nothing.]
- Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [Yes so if you want more faith, spend more time in His Word(THE BIBLE)]
Faith In God Not Faith In Yourself – GodsBoy
I really do hope you all understand and see the truth why we can not believe or say “I believe in myself, I must have faith in myself, Just believe in yourself or Have faith in yourself”. These Bible verses on Faith alone proves what the truth is.
If you say the words out loud like “I believe in myself”, then that is what you mean. You can not make excuses and say I know it’s in God I must have faith, but it is OK to say “I have faith in myself”. Your words are heard by others, God and the devil alike.
What Do You Think About These Bible Verses On Faith?
I would love to hear any questions or comments any of you might have pertaining this subject, just scroll down and leave a comment. Please read the Bible Verses On Hope before you comment or ask questions.